This is a full time role in Somerset, NJ and we need an experienced, local NJ candidate.
We are looking for experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a work on a collaborative environment without the extensive demands of travel (up to 25% travel).
* Participate in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including definition, design, implementation, testing, delivery and support.
* Design, code, test, debug and document software application using Java/J2EE, Open source tool sets like Apache and other integrations technologies.
* Develops solutions to client problems through application of methods and tools; Incorporate DevOps processes into all work (continuous development, deployment & test)
* Design, develop and test high-quality Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes, programs and scripts to migrate data from source systems into the Data Warehouse and Data Marts
* Extract complex data from multiple data sources into usable and meaningful reports and analyses by implementing stored procedures and SQL queries
* Work in conjunction with Business users to gather requirements to be used in developing dashboards, data visualizations, analytics and other BI related solutions
* Work in data integration and data quality issues and bugs, analyze reasons for failure, implement optimal solutions, and revise procedures and documentation as needed
* Create data dictionaries of key tables and libraries within the data-warehouse and data marts
* Create overall solution design to meet business requirements and validates solutions to subject matter experts
* Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of client goals
* Developing integrations using XML, Integration service bus like IBM or similar technologies or similar
* Selects the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements
* Understands the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools and their application on an engagement
* Contributes to continuous development of methods and tools
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of strong Java - Core Java and J2EE Programming experience and Database like Oracle,
* 5+ years of experience Database Technology like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Netezza, Hadoop, Cloudera
* Development experience with web-based technologies (e.g. HTML, XML)
* 5+ years of experience developing web applications utilizing JAVA Enterprise Edition (J2EE), XML, and Web Services at an enterprise level.
* 5+ years of experience with J2EE Framework components such as Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, Logging mechanism (ex. Log4J), Transaction Management and Thread Management.
* 3+ years of experience writing SQL/Functions/Procedures in transactional database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2.
* Experience on MVC framework like Spring/Struts/Grails and ORM tools such as Hibernate.
* Experience with continuous integration frameworks using tools such as Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Udeploy, etc.
* Experience with integrating complex systems using web services standards such as REST, WSDL, SOAP, etc.
* Exposure to integration on public SaaS cloud platforms
* Good understanding of developing Web-services.
* Experience in Data Warehousing, Data Marts, Dimensional Modeling with any ETL/ELT tools
* Experience in developing data visualization reporting tools like QlikView/QlikSense, Tableau or similar
* Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles and communication skills, both written and oral.
* Certifications in system architecture or cloud technologies preferred.
* Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software.
* Experience with Data Quality and Performance optimization
* Experience in Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive etc.
* Strong skills in Data Modeling, SQL, Analytical SQL functions, Graphs, and Styles
* Scripting experience, preferably Python, Perl, or Shell scripting
* Understanding of Data security and Role based access controls
* Familiarity with Agile development
Karen Goldin | Manager Talent Acquisition | firstname.lastname@example.org | 908-947-4134
Alliance Life Sciences | www.alscg.com | @ALSCG | LinkedIn | Facebook
Insight. Innovation. Impact. Integrity.
Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/KarenGoldin